Sunday, March 28, 2010

Business as Usual

With the weather warming, the clouds retreating, and the first signs of spring beginning to appear here in Brussels, I find myself shedding layers of clothes and creeping from the depths of the cave my roommates and I out lasted the winter in.

Since my return from Cologne life has been business as usual. The beginning of the week was host to a test in all of my classes (conveniently enough).

Thursday afternoon, with temperatures reaching upwards in the 60s, my roommates and I decided to put on a good ol southern fashioned BBQ with a charcoal grill that I recently acquired. Grilling steaks, hamburgers, brawts, and chicken over an open flame was a great change of pace from our usual budget meals.

As I write this, I'm sitting under the overhang of our front porch swinging slightly in my Eagle Nest Outfitters hammock. The weather has changed so dramatically (and for the better) over the past 2 weeks that Brussels has taken on an entirely different appeal for me. Shortly put, I find this place much more desirable under a little bit of sun light and warmth.

My family will be arriving within the next week and soon I'll be on my way with them for a whole new array of adventures.

Wishing everyone the best!

All good; all the time,

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment